Where can I find KU’s Safety Policy?
What must I do if I am injured?
All injuries must be reported immediately to your supervisor or their designee.
Who is responsible for my safety?
You are. Safety is all about personal responsibility.
How do I report safety issues?
Report issues that need immediate attention to your supervisor or their designee.
When is Occupational Health & Safety Professionals Day?
Where can I find SDS (formerly MSDS)?
Where can I find the OSHA regulations?
Look in 29CFR1910.xxxxx
What is a near miss?
A near miss is an incident that potentially could have caused injury or property damage but did not.
What is a hazard or hazardous condition?
A hazard is any source of potential damage, harm or adverse health effects on something or someone under certain conditions at work. This includes, but is not limited to:
- an object that could fall from a height (potential or gravitational energy),
- a run-away chemical reaction (chemical energy),
- the release of compressed gas or steam (pressure; high temperature),
- entanglement of hair or clothing in rotating equipment (kinetic energy),
- or contact with electrodes of a battery or capacitor (electrical energy).
What is the campus speed limit?
20 miles per hour.
What is “Hands Only” CPR?